Metal roofing is one of the most popular roofing options nowadays, for residential and commercial buildings. Metal shingles are the best materials for pitched residential roofs, while other metal roofing types are better suited for flat commercial roofs. These are a few of them:
- Corrugated galvanized steel
- Blend of zinc, aluminum and silicon-coated steel
- Standing Seam Metal (a rolled product, available in various widths)
- Metal Sheets – painted or stone coated
- Stainless steel – for extra harsh conditions
- Copper – a material suitable for sophisticated roofs, which has definitely stood the test of time
- Aluminum – arguably the most popular modern metal roofing system, aluminum typically lasts for at least 30 years, is lightweight, corrosion resistant and has a high degree of reflectivity (which translates into energy efficiency)
Protecting your commercial building with a metal roof is a smart choice, because this metal roofing in Denver option is very durable and almost maintenance-free. Additionally, metal roofs are recyclable and can be very attractive, especially when color coated.
A metal roof improves the energy efficiency of your building, especially in the summer, because it reflects the sun and doesn’t absorb the heat – which is why your air conditioning units will be less used. So, although more expensive than other commercial roofing options (e.g. BUR or asphalt), a metal roof will allow you to save money in the long run.