Regular commercial roof maintenance will help to mitigate any potential problems that can cause damage to your building. Being proactive and identifying possible issues prolong the lifespan of your commercial roof and is your best defense. Checking your roof twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring, can extend the life of a roof.
- Get Your Roof Inspected Twice a Year – It is highly advisable to have a professional roofing contractor inspect your commercial roof twice a year to identify any potential compromises.
- Clear Overhanging Tree Branches – Not only will this eliminate roof damage due to broken limbs, but it will also keep your roof clear of falling leaves or nuts. In addition, it will keep your roof from accumulating algae due to the lack of sun.
- Fix Leaks Right Away – Over time, a leak will only worsen and be more expensive to repair.
- Check Your Roof after Bad Storms – It is advisable to have a special inspection after significant storms.
- Keep Your Roof Clean – Avoid a buildup of debris that can lead to clogs, algae, or mold growth. Any of these issues can lessen the life of your roof.
- Clean Gutters and & Clear Drains – Clogged gutters could lead to leaks, mold and mildew, and several other issues for your roof. Check and repair any cracks or loosened gutters, or drains.
- Make Sure All Roof Equipment is Functioning – Leaky air conditions, faulty wiring, unsealed vents are all the things you will want to avoid to protect your roof and keep your inhabitants safe.And Finally, Hire a Professional Commercial Roofing Contractor Like Colorado Superior Roofing – Ensure that your commercial roofing contractor is certified and has all the proper training to handle your roofing needs. Vet your roofer and ask for references that you can contact to make sure they are up to the job.