Metal roofing systems have come a long way since they were first introduced until today, when they are among the most common and most appreciated roof types used in Longmont roofing and all over the world really. If you are currently in the process of choosing the material for your new roof, here are the most important features offered by metal roofs:
- Durability – metal roofs are very tough, able to survive for 3-5 decades in any climate area, including regions that get lots of rain or snow, harsh sunshine, winds, storms, even hail;
- Energy-efficiency – a properly insulated metal roof will keep the building underneath comfortably cool in summer and warm in winter;
- Resistance to water and to fire – metal does not ignite and the special alloys used for manufacturing metal roofing systems are resistant to rust and corrosion as well;
- Easy installation – metal roofs can be installed easily, even by amateur roofers and even on top of the existing roofing;
- Low maintenance needs – metal roofs don’t require any special maintenance. It is recommended to clean your metal roof at least once a year and it never hurts to check it for dents or for other issues, but other than that, you don’t have too much to do maintenance-wise.